The Mansfield Historical Museum offers residents many resources for historical research, including:
• Access to Ancestry.com®, the world’s largest online family history resource. It contains billions of historical records, millions of family trees and much more.
• Access to PastPerfect®, a software database that contains the Objects, Photos, Archives and Library of artifacts in the collections of the Mansfield Historical Museum. There are over 2000 archived photos alone in this searchable database.
• Access to the internet, available for use in online historical and genealogical research (via Windows-based workstations)
• Hardcopies of obituaries, dating back to the 1800s (hardcopy).
• Newspaper articles relating to Mansfield from the 1800s (hardcopy).
• Mansfield family notebooks, donated by individual Mansfield long-time family residents hardcopy, including photographs.
The research library is available to the public during the museum's hours of operation - Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Availability of staff to assist researchers may be limited. Please contact the museum to schedule a date and time for a research assistant, or to obtain more information about using the Museum collections, databases or staff for research.