The Mansfield Historical Museum offers residents many resources for historical research, including:
• Access to Ancestry.com®, the world’s largest online family history resource. It contains billions of historical records, millions of family trees and much more.
• Access to PastPerfect®, a software database that contains the Objects, Photos, Archives and Library of artifacts in the collections of the Mansfield Historical Museum. There are over 2000 archived photos alone in this searchable database.
• Access to the internet, available for use in online historical and genealogical research (via Windows-based workstations)
• Hardcopies of obituaries, dating back to the 1800s (hardcopy).
• Newspaper articles relating to Mansfield from the 1800s (hardcopy).
• Mansfield family notebooks, donated by individual Mansfield long-time family residents hardcopy, including photographs.
The museum office is available to those wanting to do their own genealogy research or one can request a search. There will be a $10.00 charge per basic search with payment required at the time of the request. Paper copies are 10 cents each. Photos are $3.00 each. Internet copies are $3.00 each. If copies must be mailed a $4.00 fee is charged. If more extensive or continuing research is requested, an additional fee will be assessed.
Please contact the museum to schedule a date and time for a research assistant, or to obtain more information about using the Museum collections, databases or staff for research.